Almost Home has partnered with Coal Creek Adult Education Center to offer
GED & ESL classes in our Community Room located at 231 North Main Street.
GED Classes are held on Tuesday & Thursday evenings from 6:30 to 8:30 pm.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO ON GED CLASSES
ESL Classes are held on Monday & Wednesday evenings from 6:30 to 8:30 pm.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO ON ESL CLASSES
Want to get your GED? Here's how!*
1) TAKE THE PRE-TEST: The cost of pre-test is $20.00 and the test takes 3.5 hours. The pre-test will give you the opportunity to take the exam and will point out which areas you will need to focus on before you take the final test. Please call Almost Home at 303 659-6199 to schedule your pre-test.
2) TAKE THE CLASS: After you complete your pre-test, the next step is to take the 7-week session that will help to get you prepared for the final GED exam. Classes are held for 7 consecutive weeks at a cost of $129.00 and will be conducted by Coal Creek Adult Education at the Terry Moore Community Room. To register for the 7-week session contact Bryan Holinka at Coal Creek Adult Education Center at 303-819-4104.
3) TAKE THE TEST: Once you are ready to take your GED Test contact Front Range Community College at 303-404-5099 to schedule a date for the final exam. The cost for the final exam is $150.00 and it will be conducted at Front Range Community College.
*Financial assistance is available for all three steps of the GED process if you meet the following criteria.
1. You must have children living at home under the age of 18.
2. You must be a current resident of Adams County (proof of residency is required).
3. Your annual household income must be under $65k.
4. You must attend and complete all three steps listed above.
For more info on classes/registration please call Bryan at Coal Creek Adult Education at 303-819-4104.
For more info on financial assistance please call Almost Home at 303-659-6199.